Promise Academy exists to create personalized, world-class educational experiences
that prepare all students to reach their potential and to change the world.
At Promise Academy, a spirit of innovation drives our student experience as well as the design of our instructional model. We seek to provide educational opportunities not yet offered to students living in San Jose. Core elements of our instructional model include:
- Providing a consistently excellent academic program for students from grade TK through 12
- A small school environment with robust individualized supports for students
- An instructional model focused on small group academic rotations where students in grades TK-8 loop with their teacher for 2 years and where students are placed in multi-age classroom cohorts
- Daily applied mathematics, science, and technology in the Promise Academy Innovation Lab
- A formal community partnership of the San Jose Tech Museum of Innovation
Students will use the skills they learn at Promise Academy to create solutions for tough challenges in their community and in their world. The empathy and agency they develop from transitional kindergarten through 12th grade will produce the social entrepreneurs that will not only excel in college and career but who will change the world.